Asphalt Paving Foreman
To apply please send your resume to Jobs@APIreno.com or download an application here.
From $85,000 a year – Full-time
From $85,000 a year
- Paving: 5 years (Required)
- Leadership: 3 years (Required)
- Driver’s License (Required)
- 401(k) matching
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Vision Insurance
Full Job Description
Asphalt Protectors, Inc. is a highly regarded thirty-six-year-old asphalt paving & paving maintenance company for California and Nevada with a big emphasis on customer satisfaction and quality products. Some of our services include new paving, asphalt repairs, seal coating, crack filling, and line striping. Our primary clientele comprises commercial, industrial, government, and homeowner associations.
Asphalt Protectors, Inc is now looking for an experienced asphalt paving foreman to oversee their paving operations for 2023. Looking for a leader who is self-motivated and career driven. Opportunity for seasonal or year-round work.
Position Details: Asphalt Paving Foreman
The paving foreman is responsible for coordinating the activities of the Asphalt Crew engaged in spreading, rolling, and tamping asphalt to form a quality product with a safety-first attitude
- Direct supervision of crew members to fulfill contracted services or any other services/duties assigned to the asphalt crew
- Preparation and layout of area to be paved, material ordering, and job pacing
- Understand and execute asphalt paving procedures to meet the standards of the project
- Coordinate crew, tools, and equipment needs using work orders and blueprints
- Calculates number of trucks required to haul asphalt from mix plant according to capacity of vehicles, traffic conditions, distance from work site, and productivity of drivers
- Checks work site to ascertain progress in meeting time schedules and to detect insufficient utilization of workers and equipment
- Measures slope and thickness of paving to verify compliance with contract
- May be responsible for operating asphalt paver (screed side) while paving or other equipment, including rollers, tractors, etc., as needed during different phases of the job
- Observe distribution of paving material to adjust machine settings or material flow and indicate low spots for workers to add material
- Inspect equipment and report malfunctions to Maintenance
- Must have a safety-first attitude
- Strict adherence to OSHA safety requirements and procedures is required
- Create a safety-first culture with all crew members
- Enforce proper safety and traffic precautions at all times when in the field
- Display a professional and courteous attitude towards crew, clients, and office personnel
- Must be able to meet budgets and report job performance
- Organization and timely reporting of all job and personnel tracking paperwork
- Keep accurate details on pre-existing conditions, postconditions, and quality control, and complete a final inspection on each job
- High school diploma or GED or equivalent technical training and related experience required
- Must know proper operating procedures for all asphalt paving-related equipment
- Must be able to apply and retain information
- OSHA 30 Certification
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- 5+ Years of Paving Experience Needed
- 3+ years experience managing a crew with the ability to train and motivate new and experienced members
- Public and Private Paving Project Experience
- Good with Details, Math, and Elevations
We wish to beautify Northern Nevada by offering quality work that lasts. In our thirty-six years of business, our values, the development and training of our team, quality products and services, and customer service are our top priorities. We are looking to invest in the training and development of diverse and talented individuals like you.
What do we offer?
- Health, vision, and dental benefits
- 401k Matching
- Competitive compensation that follows your growth in the organization
- Honesty and Integrity
- Customer Service Excellence
- Adaptability and Endurance
- Positive Attitude
- Teamwork and Reliability
Who we are: Our purpose is to provide our customers with premium asphalt products and services to protect their investment and our environment
Where we are going: We will be the contractor of choice for building and maintaining pavements in our community.
Asphalt Protectors, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications regardless of race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. The company is also a drug-free workplace. A pre-employment drug screen is required, and random drug screening throughout employment.