Sealcoating seals the top of the asphalt to prevent water from penetrating the surface of the pavement. It protects the top layer of asphalt from oxidation and wear caused by exposure to the sun, air, petroleum-based products, etc. Pitch Black® also products a rich black long-lasting color.
When it comes to protecting your asphalt against deterioration, there is no greater value than a correctly mixed and applied sealcoat. Sealcoating substantially reduces maintenance costs and extends the life of asphalt pavements by as much as 300%. The cost of sealcoating is minor compared with the cost of pavement replacement. It is far less expensive to sealcoat a parking lot every few years using Pitch Black® than it is to replace the asphalt.
What is Pitch Black® Emulsion Sealcoat?
Pitch Black® is a custom rubberized asphalt emulsion blended with select minerals, polymers and chemicals to produce the finest product. Each additive was selected for its characteristics that ultimately produce a sealcoat with the deepest and longest lasting color, firmest body, and greatest durability. It is extraordinarily tough, flexible and water repellent. The co-efficient of expansion and contraction of Pitch Black® asphalt pavement sealer is identical to that of asphalt pavement and has a natural affinity for bonding to asphalt pavement. Performance in the field and lab testing confirm the superiority of Pitch Black® over competitive products in the marketplace.
Why use Pitch Black®?
- Creates a deep black color that lasts long-term – guaranteed blackest
- The rich black color of Pitch Black® enhances curb appeal.
- Substantially prolongs the life of your asphalt.
- Seals in asphalt oils / seals out the damage from ultraviolet rays and water.
- Fills in and smooths pavement surface voids.
- Creates a surface that’s easier to clean and maintain.
- Increases the flexibility of the asphalt.
- Fast & easy application (spray, squeegee or broom).
- Environmentally-friendly and non-toxic, safe (will NOT KILL fish, wildlife or foliage) or burn skin!
- Non-flammable and non-tracking.
- Provides a non-slip surface for walkways, tennis courts, playgrounds, parking lots & traffic areas.
- Proven formula that’s been used for over 25 years.